The extravagant Raffles Canouan Resort has quickly become a must see destination for anyone seeking a golf resort with a difference. Having achieved critical acclaim since it’s opening, the Trump International Golf Club which has was recently voted 11th in the Top 100 Golf Courses guide, is a golfing treat which tests every facet of your game as well as giving you a visual treat.
The Raffles Canouan and The Trump International Golf Club are located in the breathtaking island of Canouan and this November will play host to the inaugural annual Raffles Canouan Classic Golf Tournament. Amateurs from across the globe will take part in this exciting tournament which starts on Sunday 29th November and runs until Saturday 5th December 2009. Having already shown its championship pedigree in hosting the Trump Million Dollar Invitational, those taking part will experience a golfing experience that is hard to beat.
The format for the 54 hole strokeplay team event with the two lowest net scores per hole to count with the lowest cumulative score over the 3 competition rounds being crowned the Raffles Canouan Classic Champions 2009. A Handicap limit of 28 for men & 36 for ladies will be applicable for the competition. A valid handicap certificate or official letter from the players’ home club must be shown to the tournament organizers upon registration for the tournament.
The resort of Raffles Canouan is geared towards luxury and relaxation, spread across 1800 acres of Grenadian plantation guests can enjoy an unforgettable golfing getaway. With spectacular vistas offered across a rainbow of colours ranging from azure blue, lush greens and white sands, this is a golfing paradise with views that are perfectly in keeping with the tropical island of Canouan. Surrounded by an amazing coral reef and glorious beaches there is plenty to enjoy even if golf isn’t your reason for your trip. For those looking for total relaxation during their trip they can enjoy the award winning spa which offers a range of treatments using the finest of products.
Itinerary for Raffles Canouan Classic Golf Tournament –
Sunday – November 29th, 2009
• Arrival at Canouan Airport & check-in
• Welcome cocktail reception at Bellini’s Area and Infinity Pool followed by the Opening Dinner at Bellini’s
Monday – November 30th, 2009
• Practice Round at Trump International Golf Club
• Lunch at Jambu’s – Dinner Dine around at Jambu’s, Bellini’s, La Piazza or La Varenne
Tuesday – December 1st, 2009
• Round One of Golf Tournament at Trump International Golf Club
• Lunch at Bellini’s & Afternoon at Leisure – Dinner - Asian Buffet Dinner at Jambu’s
Wednesday – December 2nd, 2009
• Round Two of Golf Tournament at Trump International Golf Club
• Lunch at either Jambu’s or Godahl Beach Bar & Grill & Afternoon at Leisure
• Dinner dine around at Jambu’s, Bellini’s, La Piazza or La Varenne
Thursday – December 3rd 2009
• Round Three of Golf Tournament at Trump International Golf Club
• Lunch at Bellini’s & Gala Event at Villa Monte Carlo Grand Ballroom
• Gaming at Trump Club Privée Casino & Dancing at Full Moon Club.
Friday – December 4th, 2009
• Snorkeling to Tobago Cays by Catamaran
The famous, breathtaking “Tobago Cays” are a cluster of four uninhabited islands, protected by the world famous “horseshoe reef”. Tobago Cays are a National Marine Park of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Only accessible by yacht, these islands are a MUST SEE when visiting the Grenadines! They offer superb snorkeling opportunities with turtles and perfect beaches.
• Farewell Caribbean Beach Barbecue at Godahl Beach Bar and Grill
Saturday – December 5th, 2009
Breakfast at Leisure – Light Lunch option – Departures.
- Return flights with British Airways
- Six Nights Full Board Accommodation, including three dine around – a la carte dinners – Unlimited Green Fees
- Gala dinner at the Villa Monte Carlo including house wines & champagne
- Day excursion to the Tobago Cays including lunch
- Complimentary tournament gifts, non-alcoholic beverages in the mini-bar, access to the Trump Club Privée & RafflesAmrita Fitness Centre, complimentary full time use golf cart per room and all non-motorised water sports. Alcoholic beverages are not included except on the excursion to the Tobago Cays and the Gala Dinner. All taxes are included.
Price per person £2595 (based on two sharing a twin/double room)