It’s always a challenge to buy gifts for golfers. As a personal game, each golfer has their own set of clubs they prefer, own brand of golf balls and even specific tees. However, there is one thing most golfers do enjoy and that’s a tipple on the 19th hole.
For a gift that will go down better than a pint of the finest ale, look no further than these incredible watering holes after a round with your partner or mates.
For the Golfer who likes Links Golf and Whiskey
For the whiskey fan, it is well worth travelling just an hour from Belfast to Bushmills which allows golfers to enjoy a tour of the famous distillery which has over 400 years of whiskey history.
With an array of awards to its name, the distillery is on the door step of Darren Clarke’s home and produced the world famous Bushmills Irish whiskey.
[styled_box color=”blue” title=”Bushmills Golf Tour”] [list type=”plus_alt”]
- 2 Nights Bed and Breakfast at The Bushmills Inn
- 1 Round of Golf at Castlerock
- 1 Round of Golf at Portstewart
- 1 Round of Golf at Royal Portrush (Dunluce Links) Darren Clarke’s Home Course
- Tour of The Old Bushmills Distillery
- from £379 per person (sharing twin/double rooms)
The Home of Golf and the Best 19th Hole in Golf…
A ticket to the Open Championship at the famous St Andrews course is bound to excite any golf fan but if you wanted to play on the historic course in your own time, make sure you visit the Jigger Inn at the Old Course Hotel.[frame_center src=”https://www.yourgolftravel.com/19th-hole/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/the-jigger-inn.jpg” width=”600″ height=”400″]Jigger Inn[/frame_center]
Situated next to the 17th hole on the Old Course, the pub oozes character and tells a story of its own with its range of golfing memorabilia.
[styled_box color=”blue” title=”A trip to the Home of Golf”] [list type=”plus_alt”]
- 1 Night Bed and Breakfast
- 2 Rounds of Golf (1x St Andrews Old Course & 1x Dukes Course)
- Dinner in the Jigger Inn
- from £349 per person (November – March only)
Ryder Cup, The Blue Room at Gleneagles – what else could a golfer want?
A round at Gleneagles is something special but top it off the experience at the Blue Bar which is a showcase for the smooth Johnnie Walker Blue Label whiskey.[frame_center src=”https://www.yourgolftravel.com/19th-hole/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/blue-bar-gleneagles.jpg” width=”600″ height=”400″]The Blue Bar in the Dormy Clubhouse, Gleneagles[/frame_center]
The bar features heated leather sofas and a large firepit which adds to the calm atmosphere. With a range of Johnnie Walker whiskys and authentic Cuban cigars, the Blue Bar is the perfect place to relax after a round.
[styled_box color=”blue” title=”Ryder Cup Experience at Gleneagles”] [list type=”plus_alt”]
- 1 Night Bed and Breakfast
- 1 Round of Golf (PGA Centenary, Kings or Queens)
- Johnnie Walker Experience (includes Champagne, Coffee & Whisky Tasting)
- from £254per person (sharing twin/double rooms)