1.Checking in was very easy and on time with the rooms (some earlier) We were originally asked by the checking in receptionist to select our food choices off the presented main menu,and was on standby to transpose our choices to a sheet all nicely typed out with our names, and also confirmed we would be dining in beefy restaurant at 8:30pm.
2. The Chef then appeared at the reception desk as we were checking in and made a switch decision of our original dinner plans to a buffet.
3. We were not located in Beefy's restuarant but moved into a secluded room for our group only. We had no bar facilities available and served by 3 inexperienced waiting staff
4. Dinner was not the 4 meal choice option as originally booked but a set meal of Starter – Soup or Terrine (pate). Main - Only Chicken Kiev’s, vegetables and potatoes. Veggie option of Gnocchi balls in a very dry sauce, Desert - Rhubarb crumble & custard.
5. We were told that buffet was to be eat as much as you like. This was not a buffet but a set meal in hot trays. There was only enough for each person to have 1 portion
6. All the food was already laid out on hotplates and looked like it was there for some time. There was no instructions from the staff on what we were to do.
7.The Soup was self service but there were no rolls on the table or at the servery, there was no bread or toast with the Terrine. There was no salt or pepper anywhere in the room, no water or glasses,
8. The young waiting staff seemed to have no idea on what service they were offering us, no one asked if we would like the wine list or drinks at all
9. When rolls finally arrived everyone had finished their main courses
10. Every time we spoke with staff about the issue we were greeted with blank faces and no responses what so ever
11. I can say that 70% of the group did not compete their meals due to the look and taste of the food and total lack of service that went with it.
12. Both Main meal options were very dry, not very warm and very bland
13. We had to clear our own plates/bowls from tables to get our main courses on the table, as mentioned the young staff didn’t have much idea or guidance
14. Wine arrived completion of our mains.
15. During the whole meal fiasco we asked to see a manager and a Supervisor Jake arrived ¾ of the way through the sitting. He arranged for our Sundays dinner to go back to the 4 choice menus. This was all around an hour after we sat down to eat
We did receive some complimentary wine at Sundays dinner
Overall a very poor dinner service with very little in the way of service, communications or guidance to the staff from the hotel Management
The second night we were greeted with NO Guinness at the bar, although the majority of our group drank Guinness on Saturday evening I wouldn’t have though we would drink the place dry.
As a Hotel we didn’t think there would be a time limit on ordering drinks but we were on both nights informed at 10.45 that this was the call for last orders