Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018
Key rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018
- Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
- There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
- Travellers are given an emergency number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser or travel agent.
- Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
- The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance fuel prices), and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package the trader responsible for the package cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
- Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
- If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
- Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction or compensation for damages or both where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
- The organiser has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty.
- If the organiser or the retailer becomes insolvent, payments
will be refunded. If the organiser or, where applicable, the
retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if
transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers
is secured. Your Golf Travel Ltd has the following financial
protection in place for our package holidays:
- For flight-based holidays this is through our Air
Travel Organiser's Licence number 9851. When you buy an ATOL
protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will
receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially
protected, where you can get information on what this means for
you and who to contact if things go wrong.
- We will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where we aren't able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
- If we are unable to provide the services listed (or a
suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or
otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air
Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you
under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a
payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any
claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to
the non-provision of the services, including any claim against
us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where
applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be
re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums
you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
- When you buy a package holiday that doesn't include a
flight, protection is provided by way of a bond held by ABTA.
For further information please see
The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018